Wednesday 8 April 2009

St Basil's card



Do you remember as a kid colouring in pictures with so much zeal that even your tongue was sticking out from diligence. Well, I guess I was like that colouring in this Elusive Images stamped picture.:)Took me a bit longer than I expected. I'll try to do a better picture tomorrow, as there is no daylight anymore. I used watercolours and golden acrylics. Added a photo taken in the daylight, but then the gold is not so obvious, so left the previous shot with the flas as well.
I made this card as a Thank you card for someone who's very interested in Russia and its history, but thought it was appropriate to enter in a Charmed Crafts/Crafty Goings On blog colouring in competition to win a fab set of copics.
My forum friend Lynn was looking for a Russian Church stamp for me, and found this one only to discover that it was discontinued. So, Lynn, bless her, has contacted the stamping company and they made this stamp specially for me. I am so touched. I think it is a superb stamp.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHH WOWWWW!!! I hardly can believe it!! Thank you so much!! I am so happy!!I can't wait to munch that chocolate and use those georgeous stamps!!
Thank you Galina!!
This turned my not so good day into a fantastic day!!
Greetings from Riane

Anonymous said...

I can imagine it was quite a task colouring this one.
But I am absolute sure the receiver of this card will love this card!
Well done Galina!

Kaz said...

this is absolutely stunning Galina, fantastic colouring. love it. :)

joanne wardle said...

what a wonderful thing for someone to do. your colouring is fabulous, I love the blod colours